Digital Channels Manager, Marie Curie, Jan 2017 – Present (FTC)
Manage digital channels, ensuring they are optimised to meet business goals while providing the best experience for users. The role has elements of Product Manager/Product Owner, Account Manager and Project Manager working in an Agile team.
- Brand and fundraising campaign management (website), customer experience enhancements, donation optimisation, continuous site optimisation, conversion rate optimisation, analytics reporting
- Blooming Great Tea Party: Signups and conversion rate up YoY
- Great Daffodil Appeal: Signups, conversion rates and donation value up YoY
- Online donations: up YoY
Digital Consultant, Elena Plaiter Communications, Sept 2016 – Jan 2017
- Society of Occupational Medicine: Site rebuild, content audit, enhancements and migration to improve member acquisition and retention, increase income generation and engage members. Employee training and support.
- KingPin Communications: Provided site analysis and advice to help engage potential clients and increase income through new business acquisition.
Digital Engagement Manager, Action on Hearing Loss (formerly RNID), July 2013 – May 2015
Oversaw all digital activity. Managed the Digital Engagement team (5 employees), budget, stakeholders, processes, technology, channels and communications to engage stakeholders with charitable objectives and activities, generate income, and drive impact and social change.
- Devised and implemented a Digital Engagement Strategy, kickstarted digital maturity, digital delivery and website UX projects.
E-commerce relaunch, e-direct debit functionality optimisation, brand book development, audience segmentation project, case study project, brand campaign development, digital PR optimisation, Multimedia Library software replacement, Social Business project; website improvement project (UX, IA, content strategy); Christmas campaign, memorial book (fundraising).
- Made the site responsive which achieved over 100% ROI in under 5 months.
- Year on year page views up 17% and traffic increases: from email marketing up 30%; from social media up 13%; and organic search up 83%. Forum views up 65% and blog views up 41%.
- Email engagement success: open rates and click through rates above Silverpop benchmarks.
- Winner: Sitecore Site of the Year – Not-for-profit 2013.
Digital Consultant, Freelance, Oct 2012 – June 2013 (contracts)
- UNICEF UK: optimised content and functionality, and devised content strategy, for the Events Fundraising team to increase income, and for the Policy team to increase engagement with young people. Both projects embedded a culture of learning as part of the wider Digital Transformation.
- Child Accident Prevention Trust: channel management to engage stakeholders with charitable activity for Child Safety Week, and generate income by promoting and enabling publication sales.
- Chameleon: content marketing recommendations to increase awareness and drive business.
- Winston Churchill Memorial Trust: gave advice to enhance grant applicants online experience.
Digital Editor (Content Strategy, channel/product management), British Heart Foundation, May 2010 – Sept 2012
Managed digital content and strategy, and related policies, processes and governance for channels and campaigns ensuring it met business and user needs, drove impact and awareness, generated revenue and was informed by analytics and insight.
- Website relaunch and management, content strategy and governance, content delivery model development.
Mending Broken Hearts £50m fundraising appeal, Heart Voices Policy work, Hands-only CPR social marketing campaign, annual reviews, Angina Monologues social marketing campaign, Take Your Meds social marketing campaign, Global nav website relaunch, BME and Sign Language content development, Gift of Hope tribute fund (fundraising), Heart matters online magazine for members, e-learning portal, CMS replacement project; mobile site development; fundraising events queuing system; Grants Management System, calorie calculator, CPR app.
- Site traffic up 77% YoY
- Anecdotal evidence of CPR campaign saving lives.
- Innovative annual reports (also used for fundraising), and presenting at Annual Review best practice Guardian seminar.
- 12% increase in women over 45 knowing heart disease is biggest killer of women.
- Various award wins and nominations (CIPR, NMA etc.) for Hands-Only CPR campaign, Global Nav site relaunch, 360 media approach and Annual Report.
Digital Manager, Race Online 2012, Dec 2009 – May 2010 (Freelance contract)
Launched and managed website for Government Digital Champion Martha Lane Fox, to engage the public to help offline people access the socioeconomic advantages of being online. Line managed one.
- Over 1 million offline people online during my contract.
Online Commercial Editor, Global Radio, Oct 2009 – Dec 2009 (Freelance contract)
Drove income by creating content for advertisers, sponsors and commercial partners.
Online Editor – Projects, GCap Media Plc, Sep 2007 – Aug 2008
Drove cross-functional working by project managing key activity for on-air and online teams, and increasing income by creating opportunities for advertising sales.
- WWF Green Month project to engage listeners in My Green Town activity, promote Lights Out events, drive income through sponsorship and advertising, drive impact through ‘pledges’ and promote CSR.
- Lights Out events becoming an annual radio feature.
- Online revenue rose 38% and unique visitors to One Network sites up 48% YoY.
- Winner: Best Green Radio, International Green Awards 2008.
Various media/journalist roles, BBC and commercial, 2004 – 2007
2016 PRINCE 2 Foundation and Practitioner, University of Westminster.
2005-06 MA Radio, Distinction. BJTC accredited. Goldsmiths College, University of London.
2001-04 BA Journalism, Film & Broadcasting, 2:1. Cardiff University, University of Wales.